Wednesday, October 27, 2021
P.S.--We need to be able to find/discover the video, which means it has to be tagged via #spiritsonsproat. It's easiest for us to find your videos if you post directly to our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/spiritsonsproat).
Friday, October 22, 2021
Beginning tonight, Friday, October 22, your favorite Halloween house will be open every night for the next 10 days – through Halloween (October 31). For our full schedule, click here. Make your plans for a final visit (or two) to Spirits on Sproat before our 2021 season draws to a close. And don't forget to post videos of your visit to Facebook, Instagram, Tik-Tok, or Twitter using the hashtag #spiritsonsproat
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
If you plan to visit Spirits on Sproat soon, or have recently stopped by our haunt, we encourage you to take videos recorded during your visit and upload them to your favorite social media platform. So far, only two people have uploaded videos of their visit, and we could use a lot more to share with our followers and friends.
To make things simpler for you, we're now easing the rules of our Facebook video contest, which awards 2 VIP tickets to Midnight Terror Haunted House in Oak Lawn. Henceforth, our contest is no longer limited to Facebook video postings. You can submit your Spirits on Sproat videos to other popular social media platforms, including Tik-Tok, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. We simply ask you to tag your video using the hashtag #spiritsonsproat, which allows us to more easily find your posted videos. We're also extending our video posting deadline to October 28, 2021. We will review all videos posted through that date using the #spiritsonsproat hashtag, pick the best one, notify the winner, and give them 2 VIP Midnight Terror tickets (a $90 value).
Please post your recorded videos on your favorite social media platform soon so that you meet the contest deadline. Good luck, and happy Halloween season!
Sunday, October 17, 2021
- Secret shame: Was once spooked by Casper
- Personal heroes: Lord of the Nazgul, the Dementors, Rudy Giuliani
- Voted in high school: Best school spirit, most likely to disappear after graduation
Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Nickname: Two-face
- Little-known fact: Once sued the Joker for copyright infringement
- Famous for: Failing to make 15 consecutive kings laugh even once Weapons of choice: Bad puns, rotten rhymes, irritating voice
Friday, October 15, 2021
- Dirty little secret: Jilted at the altar by five fiancés in a row
- Nickname: Queen goth
- Archenemy: Divorce lawyers everywhere
- Sick of the preacher saying: Till death do you part
Thursday, October 14, 2021
- Favorite pastime: Reading children’s pop-up books
- Favorite season: Spring time
- Secret shame: Fired on The Apprentice for having hands much larger than Donald Trump
- Notorious for: Trying to eat Rudolph on the Island of Misfit Toys
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Alias: The 10-foot terror
- Favorite song: Chubby Checker’s The Twist
- Known for: His killer smile and swiveling hips
- Little-known fact: Can contort a child into a balloon animal in under five seconds
Monday, October 11, 2021
- Alias: Fang face, snake charmer
- Favorite TV show: Cobra Kai
- Personal heroes: Kaa, Medusa, Nagini, Snake Plissken, Roger Stone
- Archenemies: St. Patrick, the mongoose, antivenom, Joe Exotic (the Tiger King)
Sunday, October 10, 2021
Here's another great reason to visit Spirits on Sproat this year: You can win two VIP admission tickets to Midnight Terror Haunted House in Oak Lawn--a $90 value and a great opportunity to experience Chicagoland's best commercial haunted attraction without having to wait in a long line!
Here's what you need to do:
- Take video during your 2021 visit to Spirits on Sproat.
- Post it to our Facebook page (at fb.com/spiritsonsproat) by October 24. (We'd also love for you to share photos taken during your visit, so post those, too.)
- Like us on Facebook.
- Share your posted video on your own Facebook timeline. Make sure the post is public.
A few tips on taking and submitting videos:
- We prefer horizontal video over vertical video (it fills up and looks better on the screen)
- We especially love footage of our live scarers (like Michael Myers and Jason) creeping up and scaring people.
- Please aim for a reasonable video length; not too short (at least 30 seconds) or too long (not longer than 3 minutes) please.
- Do not post video recorded in past years. Only post fresh video recorded this October, please.
- We will contact the chosen winner privately via Facebook around October 25 to arrange pickup of the tickets. Prepare to show a valid ID when you pick up the tickets.
- Babysitting fee: four crow feathers, two eyes of newt, one mortgaged soul
- Secret shame: Put a hex on Simon Cowell after a failed American Idol audition in 2008
- Favorite bedtime story to read: The Babadook