- Also known as: Captain Crook, Patchface, the shiftiest pirate ghost west of the Caspian Sea
- Hates: When people ask him to say “Shiver me timbers”
- Nickname for his wooden leg: Mr. Stiffy
- Voted in high school: Most likely to find buried treasure in a garbage dump
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Sunday, October 11, 2020
Here's what you need to do:
- Take video during your 2020 visit to Spirits on Sproat.
- Post it to our Facebook page (at fb.com/spiritsonsproat) by October 26. (We'd also love for you to share photos taken during your visit, so post those, too.)
- Like us on Facebook.
- Share your posted video on your own Facebook timeline. Make sure the post is public.
A few tips on taking and submitting videos:
- We prefer horizontal video over vertical video (it fills up and looks better on the screen)
- We especially love footage of our live scarers (like Michael Myers and Jason) creeping up and scaring people.
- Please aim for a reasonable video length; not too short (at least 30 seconds) or too long (not longer than 3 minutes) please.
- Do not post video recorded in past years. Only post fresh video recorded between Oct. 1 and Oct. 26, 2020, please.
- We will contact the chosen winner privately via Facebook on October 27, 2020, to arrange pickup of the tickets. Prepare to show a valid ID when you pick up the tickets.
Saturday, October 10, 2020
Thursday, October 8, 2020
- Known for: Haunting the Overlook Hotel
- Shameful secret: Daddy always gets mad when they ax a question
- Pet peeve: Danny Torrence never shows up for playdates
- Favorite limerick: “There was an old woman who lived in room 237…”
Monday, October 5, 2020
- Also known as: The biggest friggin’ skeleton ever
- Catch-phrase: “I’ve got a bone to pick with you”
- Dirty little secret: Likes to walk around with no clothes on
- Tired of hearing his mom say: “You’ve got to put some meat on those bones”
Friday, October 2, 2020
The big day is finally here – Spirits on Sproat officially opens our 2020 season tonight, from 7 PM to 11 PM. Stop by our front and back yard haunt and get in that Halloween mood.
Just be sure to remember to wear a mask or face covering and practice 6 feet of social distancing during your visit.
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
We also expect you to appropriately social distance while on our property (meaning maintain 6 feet of separation between you and people not in your group). Additionally, we are not allowed to have more than 50 visitors at one time in our backyard or front yard; if too many people start congregating in either the front or back yard, we may ask you to disperse, wait out front, or come back at another time.
PS – Don't forget that we officially open on October 2. You can view our full schedule here.
Sunday, September 6, 2020
Note, however, that we've instituted rules to protect against the coronavirus:
- Any visitors to our home haunt will be required to wear a face mask or Halloween mask (or both, so long as your mouth and nose are covered).
- We can also only allow crowds no larger than 50 people.
- Please maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet away from other visitors, too.
- Be aware that our dates and times of operation this year are subject to change due to the pandemic (if, for example, the state of Illinois rolls back to phase 3, we may be forced to close the backyard portion of our haunt). Check our website and Facebook page for the latest updates to the schedule.