Only 3 days remain in which to visit Spirits on Sproat. We'll be open 7-10 p.m. on Oct. 29, then from 7-11 p.m. on October 30 and 31. Don't miss your chance to say goodbye to Michael and Jason before Halloween season 2020 ends!
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Monday, October 26, 2020
Spirits on Sproat now open every night through Halloween
Reminder: Spirits on Sproat is now open every night through Halloween: Monday through Thursday from 7-10 p.m., and Friday and Saturday (Halloween) from 7-11 p.m. Come on out and celebrate Halloween week in scary style!
Saturday, October 24, 2020
Reminder: Our Facebook video contest deadline for submissions is Oct. 26
Time is running out to submit videos of your 2020 visit to Spirits on Sproat. The deadline for you to post your videos to our Facebook page is 11:59 p.m., Monday, October 26. We'll judge all the submitted videos, and the winner we pick will win 2 free VIP tickets to Midnight Terror Haunted House.
So don't forget to post those videos (and your photos, too)!
For full details, click here.
Friday, October 23, 2020
Spirits on Sproat featured in Chicago Tribune article
Your favorite Halloween display is one of several Chicagoland yard haunts featured in a new article published by the Chicago Tribune this week, available here. Check it out!
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- Famous for: His appearance in Return of the Living Dead
- Favorite food: Cerebral cortex smothered in onions and Grey Poupon
- Favorite songs: Melt With You, Radioactive, If I Only Had a Brain Dirty little secret: Hasn’t had a shower in 43 years
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Meet Hornswaggle Pete
- Also known as: Captain Crook, Patchface, the shiftiest pirate ghost west of the Caspian Sea
- Hates: When people ask him to say “Shiver me timbers”
- Nickname for his wooden leg: Mr. Stiffy
- Voted in high school: Most likely to find buried treasure in a garbage dump
Sunday, October 11, 2020
Enter the Spirits on Sproat 2020 Facebook video contest and win admission to Midnight Terror
Here's what you need to do:
- Take video during your 2020 visit to Spirits on Sproat.
- Post it to our Facebook page (at fb.com/spiritsonsproat) by October 26. (We'd also love for you to share photos taken during your visit, so post those, too.)
- Like us on Facebook.
- Share your posted video on your own Facebook timeline. Make sure the post is public.
A few tips on taking and submitting videos:
- We prefer horizontal video over vertical video (it fills up and looks better on the screen)
- We especially love footage of our live scarers (like Michael Myers and Jason) creeping up and scaring people.
- Please aim for a reasonable video length; not too short (at least 30 seconds) or too long (not longer than 3 minutes) please.
- Do not post video recorded in past years. Only post fresh video recorded between Oct. 1 and Oct. 26, 2020, please.
- We will contact the chosen winner privately via Facebook on October 27, 2020, to arrange pickup of the tickets. Prepare to show a valid ID when you pick up the tickets.
Saturday, October 10, 2020
Get your Spirits on Sproat poster before they're all gone
Thursday, October 8, 2020
Meet the Grady twins
- Known for: Haunting the Overlook Hotel
- Shameful secret: Daddy always gets mad when they ax a question
- Pet peeve: Danny Torrence never shows up for playdates
- Favorite limerick: “There was an old woman who lived in room 237…”
Monday, October 5, 2020
- Also known as: The biggest friggin’ skeleton ever
- Catch-phrase: “I’ve got a bone to pick with you”
- Dirty little secret: Likes to walk around with no clothes on
- Tired of hearing his mom say: “You’ve got to put some meat on those bones”
Friday, October 2, 2020
Spirits on Sproat opens tonight
The big day is finally here – Spirits on Sproat officially opens our 2020 season tonight, from 7 PM to 11 PM. Stop by our front and back yard haunt and get in that Halloween mood.
Just be sure to remember to wear a mask or face covering and practice 6 feet of social distancing during your visit.